About the Job
Company – Digicorp, Inc.
Location – Brookfield, WI 53005
Position Type – Full Time Employee
Data Operations – Network Systems Engineer
About the Position
Contribute to the success of a growing, customer focused company just outside of Milwaukee, WI. We seek a motivated, self-starter who has attention to details that can help take our business to the next level. As a member of the team, you will be involved with many aspects of our clients’ technology, infrastructure and other operational needs. You will rely on experience, judgment and best practices to accomplish goals. A qualified candidate will possess the ability to think outside of the box to achieve what is needed for our clients. Additionally, they will provide thorough and comprehensive documentation throughout all client interaction. This position is responsible for customer infrastructure management, remote assistance, as well as customer relationships and the development of trust. It is necessary that the person who fills this position work independently, be intrinsically motivated, highly organized, and detail-oriented.
The ideal candidate must be self-driven and service-focused with a strong ability to learn new technologies, implement processes and interact professionally with all clients, co-workers and vendor contacts. Bachelor’s degree in a related technical field or equivalent experience required. Ability to learn company application software program. Successful experience supporting end-users, demonstrated knowledge and field experience with hardware and software troubleshooting skills, leading to timely and appropriate problem resolution. Demonstrated strong interpersonal-skills, oral and written communication-skills, especially in regards to documentation. Includes any such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Vice President of Operations may find appropriate and acceptable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Current technology knowledge of hardware and software
- Experience and knowledge of Windows, LANs and WANs
- Principles and practices of data processing, project management, database management and systems applications
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and assignments
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality related to customer computer files and all other business operations matters
- Ability to provide training for customers where necessary
- Commitment to professional standards and ethics
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate with customers and coworkers
Essential Position Functions and Responsibilities
- Conduct over-the-phone support and RMAT (remote maintenance) functions with clients.
- Utilize analytical skills to identify trends, identify root causes and recommend solutions for implementation.
- Create and maintain documentation for primary support solutions and processes.
- Provide status updates throughout the service order lifecycle.
- Provide backup support to the Data Operations department for a variety of items as they relate to the overall efficiency of the department and organization as a whole.
- Meets department goals, objectives, standards, policies and procedures to meet the needs of the company and clients.
- Supports customer software and services including but not limited to backup solutions, Microsoft operating systems, virtual server software, directory services, and DNS, DHCP, firewall and networking solutions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and talk or hear, to use hands and fingers to handle, or touch objects and/or controls, as well as use repetitive motion of fingers, hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to bend, stoop, and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift, move, or carry objects weighing up to 40 pounds. Vision abilities required by this position include close, distance, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The usual working environment of this position is that of a normal office. However, the person in this position is expected to respond to technology needs at all customer buildings and sites as needed if necessary. The employee continuously interacts with other coworkers and customers.
NOTE: This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The above statements are intended to describe the general functions, skills and knowledge of the person assigned to this position. This description is subject to change in response to funding variables, emerging technologies, improved operating procedures, productivity factors, and unforeseen events. The employee may be required to perform other duties as assigned.